Monday, January 11, 2010

FileMaker Training Series Quick Peek

I found myself stranded without my Kindle so I am taking a quick peek at the FileMaker Training Series book. Right off the bat this book seems dense. The first example file you open is a serious database "solution". They are only showing you how to open the file so I guess it's as good as any.





The book is written by Soliant Consulting. They have a 4-day class based exactly on this book. I think once I get more familiar with the other materials I have to study I might look into taking this training.

The Printed version of the FileMaker Training Series book is quite large and is not printed in color. However the CD that comes with the example files also contains a set of full color PDF files that are actually pretty nice to work with.  I even turned on the Text-To-Speech and had the computer read to me for a little while.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Steven.

    There a several other training options outside the group you mentioned. You might find one you like better.

    Take a look at the FileMaker Authorized Trainers.

    http://www.filemaker.com/support/training/authorized_trainers.html

    I'm biased and openly admit it ;-) I work with Skeleton Key. We offer The Path to Certification.

    http://www.skeletonkey.com/the_path_to_certification

    Which is based on the FileMaker Training Series book you're referring to. We'll help you get certified, or die trying.

    Take a look. Let me know what you think.

    Thanks,

    Jason Thomas
    http://www.skeletonkey.com/contact_us

    ReplyDelete